Monday, May 21, 2007

The Week Before I Depart

It's Monday...I am sitting in the Invisible Children office in San Diego, sorting through paperwork to leave, and thank you cards to send. I cannot express my gratitude for the support of my family, friends. The reason that I am not completely nervous for leaving is because I feel that I am taking dozens of people with me. I have felt a surge of love from so many, as I embark on this trip. I have no idea what to expect. I take with me the energy and commitment that I have made to the people of Uganda. I am willing and motivated to expend all of my energy in the next 3 months towards relieving their unfair suffering. My sacrifices of time, comfort and leisure will be small compared to the sacrifices of these neglected peoples. We have heard the cries of the voiceless and I am looking forward to further working with Invisible Children to help bring about change in the lives of those that are living in misery and inhumane conditions. Thank you to all who have seen the vision of the Organization and who are helping to support my efforts to hopefully bring about radical change for many people in Northern Uganda. Let the adventure begin!

3 comments:

lenore said...

jamie,
got your note today....
looking forward to your postings.
my sister-in-law blogged as she and her family traveled through europe. what a great way to bring us along on your journey. safe travels.
love,
lenore

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to reading all about your adventures! I miss you and love you to pieces :-) muah!

Unknown said...

Jamie! My thoughts, energy, and support are with you. Hope you are learning lots and most importantly, helping those in need. Drum on!
Kyle